Saturday 15 July 2017

New Home


New Home


Hi Everyone!

We have the final instalment
of our New Home celebrations
today.  All these lovely projects
this week have brought on
the wanderlust .........  only
just curbed by the very thought
of packing up my craft room......

Here is Jane Castle to take
my mind off it .........


"Hi everyone, today I'd like to share
 with you my project using 
the fab stamps by Riley and Company
 called Mushroom Lane. 

They each have an amazing amount 
of detail and stamp beautifully crisp 
and clear..... what more could we ask for!



To begin with I started with a 15cm x 15cm
 Kraft card as my base and cut a piece of 
mixed media card 14cm x 14cm.

For the tag I used the largest of the dies from a set
from my stash and cut a matching tag
 from some kraft card and then 
 cut the mixed media card a little smaller.



The card was coloured using a brayer 
and various Fresco paints.


Then using some Distress Ink, a sponge and 
stencil added some fern leaves to the centre 
part of the card to frame my main image.


These leaves were then brushed with mica 
powder adding a slight sheen and extra interest.

I then stamped my main image several times 
using Distress Oxide Ink onto some spare 
cream coloured card ready to cut out various layers. 
These were coloured with Distress Markers
 and the white stones around the door and
 the picket fence were coloured using a fine white 
pigment pen.


Welcome' was die cut using some scrap card.

The main image was stamped onto my 
background card and the aerial was
 heat embossed with clear EP. 

The card was then assembled using Pinflair glue
 and to finish Enamel Accents were added 
to the corners.


I think you can just see in the photo
 how the light on the mica powder changes 
the colour of the fern leaves around 
the mushroom house and shed.

Now to finish the tag ----- 

I stamped the main image onto the largest tag
 and heat embossed with clear EP. 

Next I stamped the 'Home is Where the Heart is'
 onto the smaller tag that had been coloured
 with paint. 


I was not completely happy with the sizing 
so decided to cut the painted tag again 
one size smaller which I felt worked 
so much better.


The smaller tag was attched with foam pads
 and a hole punched in the top for some ribbon.


I think these stamps make a great addition 
to any crafters tool box and I will 
be purchasing more in the future."


Items Used
Mushroom Lane House and Shed Stamp set by Riley & Company
Distress Oxide Ink in Vintage Photo
Distress Ink in Peeled Paint
PaperArtsy Fresco Paints in Stone, Copper, China, Granny Smith and Guacamole.
 Nested Tag Dies from stash

Thank you Jane for a
super card and gift tag set,
together with a great tutorial

So, that's all for today folks

"Till tomorrow

Mickie xx



1 comment:

  1. All this fussy cutting pays off! The colours are subtle and the background atmospheric, wonderful Jane!

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.