Thursday 22 September 2016

Thinking About Next Year

Hi!  What are you all doing this week?  

I'm afraid I'm late posting today, largely because I
overlaid this morning and had to dash off to
my Watercolour Group.  Aside from that
I'm enjoying the warm sunshine and seeing the trees changing into their autumnal dress as I drive around the county
.
Had a super day in Lingfield yesterday getting together friends at the 

Inky Fingers Club. 

For those of you who are unable to get to Inky Fingers and who may be wondering what on earth it is we do, I have a lovely tag project coming up from Helen Chilton for you next week that will give you a good idea, so watch this space.
  
Think I've been overcome by the beautiful weather because I've also signed up for two classes over the weekend!
 I shall be In Lingfield again for Helen Chilton's Build a Card class on Saturday using using Woodware Stamps and Kalaidacolour Inks.
On Sunday I'm going to Kathy Byrne's Book Club to make a Perpetual Calendar   

In the meantime, we have to start thinking about Challenges for 2017.   
I know, seems too soon to think of 2017 when we haven't had Christmas yet!  Nevertheless, what do you think about having four challenges a month instead of just the two for you to dip in and out of as you wish?

We have in mind:

an Oversized Tag that would build up to a wall calendar for 2018,

Flower of the month with a twist

Song of the month

and inspired by the verse on PaperArtsy Eclectica ELB 30 stamp set
by Lin Brown, yet another look at the twelve months of the year.
It is the poem that begins
 "January brings the snow, makes our feet and fingers glow"
Lots of possibilities there!

Have another project for you tomorrow!!

Mickie xx


18 comments:

  1. These sound like fun challenges Mickie....I just need more hours in the day..lol. Enjoy your classes x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the sound of the last two, wouldn't enter the first one. Not sure about the flower one as could be rather limiting, don't have many specific flower stamps or dies, most are just flowers which could be anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flowers that could be anything might just be the answer Marianne. xx

      Delete
  3. The 2 calendar ones would mean being committed to doing every one - I prefer the last one. The flower one is too limiting. The song one could be quite fun to dip in and out of. So, you are doing watercolour stuff too! Just started my intermediate course which goes on well into next year, so I'll be kept busy! Have fun :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your course Kaybee - Intermediate - I am so impressed, Watercolour does not come naturally to me at all! Do pass on any tips you may think useful xx

      Delete
  4. I love the sound of the flower a month. I have been woeful at keeping up the A-Z challenge this year...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have loved the A-Z challenges but confess I've not done any of them myself.............! xx

      Delete
    2. Well, come on Mickie. Show us your 'X'. Hugz

      Delete
  5. I'm hoping you will start doing some inspirational pieces for the challenge posts Mickie. It would be lovely to have more colour on the blog and see what you have been up to. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea of a Tag calendar and with a whole month to enter the challenge more people can join. Alongside, this whole-of-the-year endeavour one or two bi-weekly challenges would be my favourite option as weekly ones don't leave enough time (but that's me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bi-weekly certainly does allow us all more time. Will bear this in mind xx

      Delete
  7. Love the idea of dipping in and out --- flowers, songs, poems etc not sure about the tag calendar as one would need to do all 12! I do agree that weekly challenges are so limiting time wise as 7 days just whiz by. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane - you are so right about the week whizzing by - I really would like to know where the year has gone! xx

      Delete
  8. The themes sound interesting and it would be good to have something you could dip in and out of as well as something to commit to for the whole year. 4 different challenges a month does however sound a lot - most of us have other challenges/swaps we take part in as well. Still it's up to us whether we take part or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments. Definitely something for us to think about before we make any final decisions. xx

      Delete
  9. Quite like the idea of the tag calendar to keep going all year and then we can all join in the other challenges as and when we have time.

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.