Friday 15 April 2016

A little reminder.... Dawn Heald




Helloooo,

So I thought the DT should have a
week off! Actually, it's my fault, I cannot
tell a lie,
I didn't give them enough time to
get a project ready for you this week!
So, I've popped back in time to 
find some projects to remind you
what you can do with these
brilliant products.....

I've picked this project by Dawn
as it would make a lovely gift.
This was her project for Diwali.....

Today Dawn is with us to show you her 
project.


Dawn says......

 Hi there crafters, this week for our topic
 on Diwali I have altered a candle holder.
 I also looked into the reason for Diwali 
and learnt a lot, a love story too. I got
 the best lesson from my nine year old
 son, Samuel who knew the story inside out.
 So being know as the festival of light, I made this...



I used the Irresistible Texture Sprays as a paint
 and this worked well. It did however after 
drying, crack and push the stamped lines. 
I liked this look as it gave it a grunge feel
 to it, but you could easily go over the lines
 with a pen or paint and brush. I'm enjoying
 these sprays and look forward to more experiments.


To make this project - 
Give the glass a good clean and dry. Then
 stamp your images using Jet black Stazon 
ink. I laid my stamp flat on the surface, 
inked up and then rolled the
 glass over the stamp.




Next paint your images using a brush and
 Irresistible Texture Sprays. Don't forget
 you can mix colours together. Leave to dry.


Add some black paint dots using handle 
end of paint brush.


 Use glossy accents 
and attach multi colour gems to finish.




Wow, that is beautiful Dawn,
thank you, bet it looks lovely when
it is lit!

Products used -



From own stash -

Candle and glass holder

This is just beautiful, do try it!

I'll be back tomorrow with 
another project.

Jane x



No comments:

Post a Comment

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.