Monday 6 August 2012

Colouring techniques: Marble effect

Buongiorno!
Might as well get you in the Italian mode (and mood) as you have a video in Italian coming up :)
This week will be all about COLOURING TECHNIQUES. Hope you are ready to be blown away with the DT samples who have come up with amazing tips to share as they always do. 


We are starting this week with Gio and marbling paint. We have the Marabu paints in the shop and those are so easy and so much fun to use, I'm sure you will want to try them too. My daughter watched Gio's video with me (she was really pleased when she understood one word: canvas LOL)  and is begging me to get some so she can decorate some little boxes to give to her friends. 


Those paints (as you will see on the video) can be used on card, canvas, papier maché etc... very versatile. They can be bought in a set or singly.




So I will let you watch the video... and then let Gio tell you a bit more about her samples. 
Enjoy!!



For the cards: I gessoed a piece of old book page, and then I put it inside the water containing the easy marble paints to get the marble effect.
Once dry, I wrote the sentiment using the The Crafters Workshop - Mixed-up alpha stencil and a permanent black pen.
I adhered the page to a piece of folded black cardstock.



For the bookmarks: I cut a piece of canvas to size, and I put it inside the water containing the easy marble paints to get the marble effect.
Once dry, I wrote the sentiment using the The Crafters Workshop - Mixed-up alpha stencil and a permanent black pen. I added and
eyelet along with some fibers and glass beads.


For the mini drawer: I put a box fromTim Holtz Configurations in the water containing the easy marble paints to get the marble effect.
Once dry, I stamped some swirls on both sides using Hobby Art Clear Stamps: Decorative Backgrounds. I created a mini drawer from black cardstock and I covered the front 
side with a piece of gessoed marbled book page. I glued to the front and bottom side some glass beads.


For her samples, Gio used:



See you tomorrow with Jane

11 comments:

  1. Wow! Loving the effect on the little box. . . . looks like something that could become addictive!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super. Very beautiful, nice colors and results.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bellissimo indeed Gio!!! Great video tutorial! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bellissimo Gio! Lovely video and some beautiful results x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the little drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, especially the box Gio and thanks for the tips. I have had some of these paints for a while but wasn't sure how to use them. Will have another look now I am re-inspired

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so much fun !Thanks Gio for the video and I love that it is in Italian.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such fun and such a look! hey, you are even getting into making cards big time too Gio! Bravo! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. C'est super chouette, bravo Gio. Je ne connais pas ces produits pour ma part... Bises

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow fantastic effects!!bravo Gio! bizz

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.